After many years of freedom struggle, India got its independence in 1947. Around two and half years later, India became a Democratic Republic. On January 26 1950, the Consitution of India came into effect. On this day, our motherland was declared a Sovereign, Secular, Socialistic, and Democratic Republic.
Republic Day Speech in English 10 lines
- Good morning everyone, and a very happy Republic Day to you all.
- On January 26 1950, the Consitution of India came into effect.
- January 26th is the twenty-sixth day in the Gregorian calendar
- Since then, 26th January is enthusiastically celebrated across the nation.
- It differs from Independence Day, which annually commemorates the end of British rule on August 15, 1947.
- It took two years, eleven months and eighteen days to draft the Constitution of India.
- People celebrate this day by doing parades, hoisting the National Flag, and distributing sweets in schools.
- People give speeches and do cultural dances on this national holiday.
- This occasion marks the day when India became a republic, and was no longer under the British Empire.
- Republic Day symbolizes the spirit of independent India. Thank you, Jay Hind.